Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our First Vintage Find

If you asked me 5 years ago how I would decorate a home, I would not have responded that I'd be on the hunt for vintage mid-century style looks.  However, as I started to look more closely at furniture and assess what hundreds of dollars can get you, it seems vintage mid-century pieces are a pretty good way to go.  The pieces tend to be very well made with solid wood and sturdy construction.  They've already been around for decades and still look great!

Our first vintage find is this set of four mid-century Eames H-base Shell chairs in orange.
I've seen these classic chairs in magazines and staged homes.  They come in a variety of colors, with pricing depending on how common or rare the color is.  Collectors and vintage furniture salespeople tell me that shades of blue and pink are the hardest to come by.  Mr. CP is in the process of designing and building us a beautiful solid walnut dining table and I think the rich color of walnut will look great with these chairs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I would love to hear from you!