Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Recap - Terranea and family visit

This weekend was even busier than last!  On Friday, I had a very early flight to Los Angeles for a work meeting which ran until Saturday afternoon.  I can't complain too much though, because the meeting was held at the Terranea resort in Rancho Palos Verdes.

The hotel and the grounds were beautiful and the weather was sunny and hot.  I snuck in a boot camp class and the pulled pork sandwich that I had for dinner at Nelson's was pretty tasty.  I have read that the resort is dealing with some financial troubles, but it seems reality shows such as the Bachelor have filmed there and I saw camera crews on site working on the CW's new Shedding for the Wedding reality show. 

Unfortunately, I had to rush back to San Francisco right after the meetings ended on Saturday, because the trip was scheduled on the same weekend that my mother, sister, aunts and uncle were all flying into San Francisco from New York. 

Vacation for my relatives centers around eating.  We eat, we walk around and chat a little, and then we spend more time trying to decide where we will stuff ourselves with our next meal.  On Saturday night, we had a delicious Cantonese food dinner at Hong Kong Lounge in the Richmond.  This morning, we headed over early to Koi Palace in Daly City for some of the best dim sum in the Bay Area.  Afterwards, we walked off some of the BBQ pork buns, curry beef stew and shrimp dumplings by checking out the Legion of Honor and the Sutro Baths.  The weather was perfect for sightseeing.  Had I remembered my camera, I would have had more photos to share.

My brother and sister-in-law came up from Mountain View to spend time with the family as well and after eating so much restaurant food, we decided that the healthiest option for tonight would be to share a home-cooked meal.  Mr. CP grilled up some tri-tip and my brother grilled a delicious filet of halibut, while, my mother, sister-in-law and I were on vegetable side duty.  Everything was delicious and after cleaning up, everyone was pooped and turned in early.

1 comments:

Christina Elaine said...

Sounds wonderful... I got ready for my wedding at Terranea... It's gorgeous... such a hidden gem....

xxx
CEO

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I would love to hear from you!