Monday, February 28, 2011

Refreshing Lemonade

Last week I caught a cold...it's a bad one, so I decided to make some lemonade to get my needed vitamin C. 

Ingredients

3/4 cup sugar
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
4-5 cups of water

Directions

1)  Combine the sugar and one cup of water in a saucepan to make simple syrup.  Heat on low heat until the sugar is dissolved.  Allow to cool.
2)  Combine the simple syrup and the lemon juice and stir.  Add 3-4 cups of water to dilute the lemonade to taste.

How easy is that?  I like my lemonade on the tart side, but if you prefer it sweeter, add up to one more 1/4 cups of sugar.

For those of you who are keeping count...I gave 8 lemons to a friend who was visiting from New York and used 12 lemons here to get the required cup of lemon juice...this brings me to 7 left out of the 40 I picked two weeks ago.  I picked another large bag full yesterday though and there are tons left on the tree....so we've got more lemon recipes to come.  =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I would love to hear from you!