Thursday, May 19, 2011

Homemade Applesauce

A couple weekends ago, after making the apple pie, I used a few apples to make some homemade applesauce.  Below is a super easy recipe and the results are delicious.  Mr. CP doesn't like his applesauce too sweet, so I might cut down on the sugar a little next time.  I suppose not too long from now, our little one will also be eating applesauce, so this is a good recipe to file away.

Ingredients
4-5 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (I used granny smith this time)
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup minus 1 teaspoon brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions
Put all ingredients into a medium to large saucepan, cover and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes (until the apples are soft).  Allow the apples to cool.  Then mash them up with a fork (or a potato masher if you have one of those).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I would love to hear from you!