Friday, August 20, 2010

End of Summer Reading

When I first opened my Etsy store, I had questions about how to price my cards.  A very kind card printer told me that Craft, Inc. was required reading.  I immediately picked up a copy from the SF public library, but the book is so popular that someone put it on hold right away so I couldn't renew.  I didn't have much time to read it and was forced to skim.  The book included some helpful tips on how to start your own business, including pointers relating to applying for a license to sell, and also contained some success stories of artists and designers who were able to make a living by selling their crafts (i.e. Jonathan Adler and Lotta Jansdotter).  I think I may need to get my own copy along with the Craft, Inc. Business Planner also by Meg Mateo Ilasco.



And for those of you out there who are designers or freelancers, Meg Mateo Ilasco has teamed up with Joy Deangdeelert Cho of Oh Joy! blog fame for a new book called Creative Inc.  There aren't any reviews up on Amazon.com for that one yet, but I'd love to hear any feedback from any of you who read it.  =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I would love to hear from you!